Saturday 30 September 2006

Superstar bliss

Hello fellow earthlings and blog reading canines,
I'm really thuper excited about living in London at the moment because within the next month I get to be in the same vicinity of three of my heroes!

Firstly, on Tuesday I went to a book signing with NEIL GAIMAN, one of my top three favourite authors. We waited for a good few hours for about 20 secs with the man and exposing myself so givingly to the subreed of human class I call nerds was quite painful but I got my books signed and it was all kind of but not really but you know it's the principle of the thing, exciting!

Secondly, God himself did smile upon me today and I managed to score a "sold out" ticket to a talk with TIM BURTON, my favourite director. I've been on the site the last 3 days to continually receive sold out messages (yes, I'm persistant) and for one minute one tiny sliver of gold opened up and let me in to buy a ticket! I went back 30 seconds later to try for fun and it said 'sold out' again. Tip: Persistance pays (unless you're a stalker)

Thirdly, ZACH BRAFF, my favourite actor, is going to be in London in the next few weeks promoting his new film The Last Kiss and you can bet your mismatched cotton socks I'll be queuing in Leicester Square from early morning to catch a glimpse at the premiere.

I am a groupie but I don't care.

I'm also going to Jamie Oliver's restaurant pretty soon but that's not real exciting just bloody expensive.

While I'm doing a bit of star gushing, as I've missed so many posts about my life for the last few months I should pay special mention to seeing chubby ol Corey Haim and a few of the Lost stars at a convention and also accidentally happening by the Pirates of the Caribbean premiere and spying on Johnny, Orlando and Keira.

In other news, have been spending a bit of time hanging around the law courts of late. A friend of mine is involved in a case and I thought it would be kind of interesting (but is actually fairly traumatic) to check it out.

My major money issues are starting to sort themselves out (it's been a long hard slog I tell you) but I'm still not sure I'll be able to afford to travel anywhere at the end of all this. I'm thinking about hitting the German Christmas markets this year though and maybe going to Venice for their carnival in Feb. We shall see.

Anyway, I haven't replied to anyone's emails since forever so I'm sorry but I'm slack. Maybe one day soon but I can't promise anything. Still love you though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hayley-ho

FUCK! You're gonna be close to Mr. Burton. Jealous guy, right here. Nice work. When I was in LA late last year I bought lots of 'Nightmare Before' books and trinkets. If you manage to get his autograph you know where to send it. Hee hee. (Sign it yourself and lie if you must.) All looks ace in your world. Stay safe and true.

Mr. Moon

8:03 am

 
Blogger Starlsy said...

I was actually super close to him - 3 rows from the stage in fact but they had that shitty situation where he was facing the interviewer and hence away from me! Probably for the best though since I would have been too mesmerised by his mad glasses and crazy hair to concentrate. I reckon he thought I was hot though - Ha Ha (jokes Helena). Turns out he lives in London. No autographs though - that aint my thing. Hell, I didn't even stalk Bam or Zach when they were both in town recently.

Was pretty inspiring if not hugely rushed but everything he said you can read in Burton on Burton. Although he did say some interesting things on being an outsider and proved its simply luck gettin in the game of hollywood. When's your turn?

1:51 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home