Monday 5 September 2005

Thursday 1st Sept

I moved place today. I am absolutely exhausted as I've been cleaning it all day thanks to the filthy bastards who lived here before me. No real estate in Australia would let you get away with the state it was in. I still feel disgustingly unclean. Ducked up to Argos earlier and spent £170 on things to make it feel like home, rendering me broke for the whole month and I only just got paid! But they were absolute necessities so there wasn't much I could do. Now, to explain Argos, the best invention ever.

Basically they release a catalogue of everything you could wish for in a telephone book size. You go to the shop with the catalogue numbers of stuff you want, pay for it, and within 5 mins it has been retrieved from the store room (which is a marvel in itself as the shop doesn't look that big so I dunno where they keep these millions of items), you load up and off you go! Totally hassle free. And you don't even need to assemble yourself. In illustration, I bought a TV, complete bedding, a 46 piece cooking set and that was just the stuff that was BIG. I won't bore you any further with the rest.

So I was just sitting around thinking, 'Yeah I could handle this' when shame of all shame, the fire alarm went off in my room as I was cooking toast. Considering I like my toast on the burnt side this is going to be a HUGE problem unless I can figure out how to turn the damn thing off permanently. Suggestions MOST welcome.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, you have an interesting blog. I'll definitely be coming back again.

I have a getting back a lost lover site. It covers everything to do with getting back a lost lover and related information.

4:14 am

 
Blogger Starlsy said...

Oh wow, how nice. I'll try and read it sometime.

Don't you call getting back a lost lover 'stalking'?

4:16 am

 
Blogger Starlsy said...

You sent this to everybody didn't you. *cheated*

4:17 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww *chuckle*.. they just love inventing new ways to spam dont they? So have u bought a tv licence yet? ;)

2:30 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home