Wednesday 27 April 2005

Tuesday 26th April

This morning I finished off Tim Winton's Cloudstreet, a book that will certainly stay in my head for awhile and dress myself proper like for today's agency interview. (The one from the previous day, despite her promises, never called.) This one is in Soho, flanked by Oxford and Regent Streets; shopper's paradise, but as I hate to shop, I'd prefer to avoid this area where possible (also home to all the video production companies so in other ways, I'd like to be there all the time).

Met with a walking contradiction, she was overconfident yet clearly self concious, caring yet clearly couldn't give a shit. This all lasted about 10 minutes whereupon I wandered about in the rain and looked at some toy shops.

By the time I walked to Picadilly Circus the sun was beaming down so I snuck a quick shot of the statue of Eros (My last one was quite good but not great. Naturally a bird flew past precisely as I took it and ruined this one too.) As I walked in the door back home, this same agency was calling back with a job for tomorrow. Hooray. My first in under a year.

I decided I'd best get a national insurance number (a total catch 22, some places won't employ you without one, but you need to have proof of work to get one) so after ringing and being directed all about the place, I finally *hopefully* get the numbers I need. People said it would be hard and it really is. I rang and rang and rang. I even tried them at 11pm and they were STILL engaged so I reckon they just leave the phones off the hook. If anyone knows a trick to this, please lemme know.

Walk to Sainsburys in the rain and freezing cold to do a spot of shopping. Then bed. Why is it when you need sleep the most it just won't come? When I did finally sleep I kept dreaming I'd missed work tomorrow. Don't you just hate the predictability of yourself sometimes.


By the way, one of the Channel 4 promos I mentioned may be here...
http://www.channel4.com/ads/index1.html
but this netcafe seems to be struggling loading whatever it is. Lemme know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home